Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lon Chaney Jr - New Additions To My Collection

This one is not as bad as some of the critics say it is.



OK this might not be the greatest crime-drama from the 1930s but it's NOT the worst one. I actually enjoyed this film - and yes it's Lon Chaney that *makes* this film - it would not be sought after if Chaney was not in it. It's Chaney's performance that makes this one fun and worth watching. $6 to add to my Lon Chaney Jr collection. 


This film is really good! Even if Chaney was not in it - it's worth watching. Chaney is the icing on the cake for me.  I was expecting it to be a little bit boring and a little bit fun but it's a great watch from start to finish. Well worth $6. -- This is the 1934 version. This is not to be mixed with with the 1948 version which also stars our Lon Chaney Jr. (I *think* I have the 1948 version on the way - at least I hope that is what I've got coming in - and the '48 is difficult to find).



This is Vol 1 & 2 (except this set does not have "The Contest" instead it has one episode from Vol 3 "The Promised Valley"). - That mean if I get the Vol 3, 4, 5 I would have the compete set minus "The Contest" and I will have "The Promised Valley" twice. Grrrrrrr........... LOL I hate missing an episode. I might get the other 3 volumes one day. -- It is hard to beat the 5.57 price tag for (almost) the first 2 volumes.



For just less than $5 I have this one. It's not nearly as bad as some of the critics say it is. Not Chaney's best film but he plays a good part in it.


Just less than $4 for these two, really cute, films. We all know why I got it - Lon Chaney Jr in "My Favorite Brunette" BUT I also enjoy Bob Hope and Bing Crosby! This 2-pack is a joy to own.


A $10 2-pack for 2 good horror films. 'Witchcraft' stars - you know it - Lon Chaney and that is why I got it. I like 'Devils of Darkness' as well so it's a bonus movie for me.














No comments:

Post a Comment